Friday, September 2, 2011

SURGERY


Questions You May Ask Your Doctor Before Surgery

1. What operation are you recommending?
2. Why do I need the operation?
3. Are there alternatives to surgery?
4. What are the benefits of having the operation?
5. What are the risks of having the operation? (Hemorrhage or impotence, for example)
6. What if I do not have this operation?
7. Where can I get a second opinion?
8. What experience do you have in performing this operation without blood transfusion?
9. Where will the operation be done? Do the hospital physicians and nurses respect the patient's rights about blood transfusions?
10. What kind of anesthesia will I need? Does the anesthetist have experience in surgery without blood transfusion?
11. How long will it take me to recover?
12. How much will the operation cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment